College Access Overview
Initiatives in the College Access Division
GED and Beyond
A program designed for Aroostook and Washington Counties, with additional ABE sites in Central and Coastal Maine, to support students as they obtain their GED and then assist with postsecondary placement and retention.
Program Collaboration with Local Adult Education Staff
- Onsite and Virtual Mentoring
- Career and College Advising
- Postsecondary Application Assistance and FAFSA Preparation
GED and Beyond is funded through the Finance Authority of Maine (FAME)By the Maine College Access Challenge Grant
Need help with your GEAR UP web presence?
Do you want your GEAR UP web presence to attract, engage, and inspire?
For the past 6 years, Syntiro has developed and maintained a successful and interactive Maine State GEAR UP web presence, and are now offering our services to other state and partnership programs. We will work with you to:
- Re-design your website.
- Incorporate social media platforms to cater to the needs of students, family, and administrators.
- Set up content-rich blogs, facebook pages, and twitter accounts.
- Create a marketing plan to keep your program on track and measure your success.
Help a person get a GED!
We need your help!
Through the Maine HEP grant we are looking for migrant and seasonal farmworkers and loggers as they earn their GED. We need help getting the word out to eligible participants.
GU Student Rodney Banks Facilitates NCCEP Youth Panel
GEAR UP Student Rodney Banks facilitates a youth panel on "Ways to unlock potential and develop individual determination"