Job Posting | February 27, 2020
Immediate job opening
Special Projects/Office Assistant
Syntiro is a nonprofit organization based in Readfield, Maine, that implements a number of educational initiatives in Maine. We are committed to working for equity and social justice, access and opportunities that enhance and improve education and employment outcomes.
We are currently seeking a Special Projects/Office Assistant to provide program and operational support for Syntiro and GEAR UP Maine staff in our Readfield office. Our ideal candidate will support colleagues on various projects and help carry out the details that make our programs successful. This includes coordinating schedules, preparing materials, and creating a welcoming, vibrant, customer-focused office environment.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of 2 years’ relevant work experience in the industry strongly preferred, Associate’s degree preferred.
- Additional certifications or education that exemplify a desire for continued education preferred
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Keen attention to detail and an aptitude for problem-solving
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Skill with proactively addressing potential issues
- Excellent computer skills, including experience with Google suite
- Collaborative working style and team-player attitude
- Strong self-motivation and work ethic
- Reliability, trustworthiness, and commitment to the team’s success
- Ability to thrive in a high-volume, deadline-driven work environment
This is a full-time, fiscal-year position dependent upon external funding. We are seeking the strongest candidate(s) for this position; therefore, we will consider a job-share model for candidates interested in part-time employment.
This position is based in Readfield, ME with occasional opportunity to work from a home office. Syntiro offers competitive salary and benefits. A criminal background check is required.
Candidates: Send letter of interest, résumé, and three names and their contact information for purposes of reference to email@example.com.
Position will remain open until filled. Applications will be reviewed beginning March 6, 2020. Ideally, we would like to have the position filled by April 1, 2020.
“Equal Opportunity Employer”